GrocersWorld Online Retail Private Limited (GWORPL) is a company registered in Pune, Maharashtra which is the licensed owner of brand Grocers World (collectively referred to as "GW", "we" or "us" in this policy).
We believe the most important details, though, are yours - and to keep the information you share with us as safe as possible.
The details you share with us help us to bring you our latest offers and inspiration we think you’ll love. Take a look below for more.
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at GW, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights.
We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times.
GW is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy, which applies whether you visit our stores, shop with us online or otherwise engage with us provides you with information about:
GW (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) uses your personal data:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to make a tailored website available to you;
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- for promotional and marketing purposes and to tailor and personalize products and services;
- to train and manage our people and develop products and services;
- for customer insight and market research purposes - to better understand your needs;
- to enable GW to manage customer service interactions (including refunds) with you; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
- Promotional communications
GW uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) and may send you postal mail to update you on the latest GW offers.
- GW aims to update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
- changing marketing preferences via your GW account;
- making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails or the “STOP” number for texts; and/or
- contacting GW via the contact channels set out in this Policy.
- Web Advertising
If you visit our websites, you may receive personalized advertisements for GW branded products and services whilst using other websites.
Any advertisements you see will relate to products you have viewed whilst browsing our websites on your computer or other devices, or which we believe are of interest to you.
You can remove or disable cookies at any time.
Sharing data with third parties:
- Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners.
These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers.
GW only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to GW and to you, and for no other purposes.
- Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, GW will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below.
We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organizations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
our carefully selected partners who provide ‘GW’ branded products and services (for example energy suppliers), if we have your consent to do so;
credit reference agencies, banks and payment card issuers (such as Visa, and Mastercard)
Third party marketing partners, such as Google or Facebook (to deliver advertising to you if you are using Google or registered with Facebook
a business with acquires all or part of the GW business, as set out further below
governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: -
to comply with our legal obligations;
to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
to safeguard and protect our employees, customers or other individuals.
In the event that a separate business acquires all or part of our business or its assets, for example in the context of a merger or takeover,
we may need to disclose your personal data to that company, so they can continue to provide services to you. In this situation,
your data will only be used by the other business for the purposes set out in this Policy.
In certain circumstances, it is possible that your personal data could be transferred to a company with whom we’re discussing selling or transferring all or part of the GW business,
but only where strictly necessary for the evaluation of the transaction.
If this happens, the data will be kept secure and confidential and will be deleted if the business sale does not go ahead.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy.
Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 10 years.
What personal data we collect?
Our websites are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy.
Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an on-line account on our websites,
or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly,
for example your browsing or shopping activity.
We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us,
or from publicly available sources.
GW is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure. Our security measures include: -
- encryption of data;
- regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data;
- regular scenario planning and crisis management exercises to ensure we are ready to respond to cyber security attacks
and data security incidents;
- yealy penetration testing of systems;
- security controls which protect the entire GW IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorized access; and
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
What you can do to help protect your data
GW will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from GW asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session.
In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety both in relation to GW and more generally:
- keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- when creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words,
your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password.
- avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access);
- the right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you;
where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten);
the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification);
the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using / holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object);
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’;
which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing);
- he right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a
structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organization
(the right to data portability).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal basis for GW processing customer personal data
We are required to set out the legal basis for our ‘processing’ of personal data.
Generally GW collects and uses customers’ personal data because it is necessary for:
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer; or
- complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing personal data in relation to sending direct marketing communications
to customers via email or text message.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing,
we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of GW, including:-
Generally GW collects and uses customers’ personal data because it is necessary for:
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers ;
- understanding our customers’ behavior, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behavior and prosecuting offenders,
including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes (including managing refunds);
- protecting GW, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed
criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to GW;
- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against GW;
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders; and
- managing corporate transactions, including selling or transferring any parts of our business to third parties,
acquiring new businesses, entering into mergers or undertaking corporate restructuring activity.
GW reserves the right to change or update this policy at any time.
Such changes shall be effective immediately upon posting to the Site.